The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company Wheel Refurbishing Technician in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania
Wheel Refurbishing Technician
A Wheel Refurbishing Technician functions in a Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers Commercial Tire facility where commercial truck wheels are refurbished through a series of manual and automated processes. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Steam cleaning product (wheels) of foreign materials.
- Shot blasting product to remove rust and paint.
- Inspecting product for unsafe conditions.
- Approving or disapproving product for completion.
- Hand buffing product for last inspection.
- Painting product with special paint and color for customer.
- Maintaining proper control of inventory to assure customer receives proper product.
- Maintaining daily/weekly/monthly/90 day's maintenance schedule and logbook.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred (Associates degree in related field desired).
- Previous manufacturing experience including shot blasting and painting is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Must be willing to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Must be goal oriented and able to consistently meet quality and production requirements.
- Must possess a mechanical aptitude.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
EEO is The Law