The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company Goodyear Mass Transit Tire Technician (North NJ/Wayne) in Wayne, New Jersey
As a Mileage Tire Maintenance Technician you will have exposure to and service a major transit / transportation fleet operation. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- The shift for this position will be Monday thru Friday from 7:00AM - 2:00 PM
- The location of this position is 55 West Belt Rd Wayne, NJ 07470.
- Mounting and dismounting of bus tires by machine, balancing and flat repairs.
- Understand and adhere to all safety standards.
- Vehicle inspection and record keeping using electronic technology.
- Operates in both indoor and outdoor environments, therefore exposure to heat and cold is to be expected.
- Qualified candidates for this position need not have related experience, but should have a positive attitude, be highly self-motivated and possess a mechanical aptitude.
- Must be willing to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to work without direct supervision.
- Frequent bending, twisting, lifting, squatting and walking.
- Good oral and written communication ability.
- Must be able to pass a background check, physical exam and both hair and urine drug screens.
- Must have valid driver's license.
Goodyear offers a benefit package which includes medical, prescription drug and dental, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, paid sick time, 9 paid holidays per year, and company provided uniforms. Goodyear associates also receive discounts on tires. This position pays a base hourly wage on a weekly basis starting at $14-15 per hour based on experience.
- If you would like to find out more about the position and speak with someone directly, you can Contact Bill Baumann at 732-921-3549.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
EEO is The Law