The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company Goodyear Mass Transit Tire Technician (Palm Beach County) in Virtual, Florida
As a Mileage Tire Maintenance Technician you will have exposure to and service a major transit / transportation fleet operation. Duties will include but are not limited to:
The shift(s) & location(s) for this position will be:
Shift @ 3201 Electronics Way, West Palm Beach Florida 33415: M-F 3PM to 11:30PM
- Shift @ 100 N Congress Ave, Delray Beach, FL 33445: Sun-Thur 6AM to 2:30PM
- Mounting and dismounting of bus tires by machine, balancing and flat repairs.
- Understand and adhere to all safety standards.
- Vehicle inspection and record keeping using electronic technology.
- Operates in both indoor and outdoor environments, therefore exposure to heat and cold is to be expected.
- Qualified candidates for this position need not have related experience, but should have a positive attitude, be highly self-motivated and possess a mechanical aptitude.
- Must be willing to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to work without direct supervision.
- Frequent bending, twisting, lifting, squatting and walking.
- Good oral and written communication ability.
- Must be able to pass a background check, physical exam and both hair and urine drug screens.
- Must have valid driver's license.
Goodyear offers a benefit package which includes medical, prescription drug and dental, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, paid sick time, 7 paid holidays per year, and company provided uniforms. Goodyear associates also receive discounts on tires. This position pays a base hourly wage on a weekly basis starting at $17-18 per hour based on experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
EEO is The Law