The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company Plant Manager in Spencer, Iowa
A Plant Manager manages a Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers Retread facility in order to efficiently and effectively manufacture light and medium truck, bus and specialty tires. A Plant Manager is responsible for recruiting and selecting associates capable of meeting or exceeding the performance expectations and coordinating the training of associates. A Plant Manager must practice good customer relations, promote "Service Excellence - Always.", and provide safety, quality and production leadership for all plant associates. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Providing leadership for production improvement and attainment of unit per hour goals;
- Increasing plant profitability through production efficiency and providing oversight on quality control of finished product.
- Insuring all documentation and production records are completed accurately and properly.
- Insuring all equipment and machines in plant are maintained properly.
- Maintaining production schedules, control production, and control quality of production.
- Obtaining annual/monthly production objectives to insure a positive EBIT.
- Administering company policies/processes/programs through leadership and written and verbal communication.
- Protecting all company assets within area of responsibility, to include but not limited to inventory, tools, and equipment with the ultimate goal of reducing operating costs.
- Ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Managing all safety, health and environmental processes.
- Two years of college and/or relevant management experience preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field desired.
- 3 Years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- A minimum of two years of successfully managing a team in a manufacturing environment.
- Must possess a mechanical aptitude.
- Good oral and written communication ability.
- Good computer skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
EEO is The Law