The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company Alignment Technician in Milford, Connecticut
The Alignment Technician will work at a Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Center and be responsible for all aspects of alignment and related service and repair for the commercial trucking industry. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Sell and complete vehicle alignment on commercial trucks and other vehicles.
- Sell and perform other vehicle services on commercial trucks, including but not limited to brake work, suspension services, axle work, and oil and lube services.
- Balance wheel assemblies and perform commercial tire service.
- Clean and maintain service equipment.
- Prepare required billing.
- Observe and comply with all safety and liability guidelines and policies.
- Use protective safety equipment to ensure safe operation of machines as well as manual tools.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- At least one year of relevant commercial vehicle service experience is preferred.
- Must be familiar with commercial truck alignment and wheel balancing equipment.
- Must be willing to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take the initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
- Must possess a mechanical aptitude.
- Should possess the tools needed to perform commercial truck alignments and other vehicle service.
- May occasionally be required to perform service calls on nights and/or weekends.
- Good oral and written communication ability.
- Must have a valid driver's license for the type of vehicle required for the position and be able to meet commercial driver qualification requirements, including be at least 21 years of age.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
EEO is The Law