The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company Retread Route Driver in Katy, Texas
A Retread Route Driver's role is to pick up and deliver the needed Goodyear Commercial Tire and Service Center products as directed by Management in a timely and professional manner. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Responsible for all aspects of pickup and delivery of new and retreaded commercial tires, casings and other types of tire pickup and delivery between Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers locations, customers and Goodyear dealers.
- Assisting with loading and unloading commercial tires, casings, wheels, mounted wheel assemblies and related products while following all safety rules and procedures.
- Preparing customer billing documents.
- Keeping all documents and maintenance records up to date on equipment assigned i.e. DOT Log.
- Performing general maintenance on truck and equipment.
- Performing any other duties as requested by management.
- High School or GED preferred
- Associates degree in business or related field desired
- At least one year of relevant driving experience is preferred.
- Must be willing to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take the initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision.
- Must have a valid driver's license for the type of vehicle required for the position and be able to meet commercial driver qualification requirements, including being at least 21 years of age.
- The Driving requirement is a class A CDL with at least 1 year of driving experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
EEO is The Law