The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company Pipefitter in Danville, Virginia
- Responsible for supporting the tire manufacturing process by trouble shooting, preventative maintenance, and repair of all rubber manufacturing, processing machinery and equipment.
- Promotes safety and housekeeping throughout the facility.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make layouts, cut (including burning), thread, bend, install pipe by locating the position of the pipe, cutting necessary holes in walls, floors, or ceiling and fabricating necessary hangers when required of piping systems handling all manner of commodities (water, air, steam, gas and various chemicals).
- Layouts, assembles, installs, maintains and troubleshoots pipe systems, process equipment, pipe supports, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling lubricating, sprinkling and plant production equipment and systems.
- Use stock and die or pipe threading machine and necessary craft hand tools in performance of work.
- Connect and maintain piping to pumps, tanks, vessels, etc., containing or controlling liquids, gases, and vapors of all descriptions.
- Ability to read, interpret and work from blueprints, sketches, layouts, piping diagrams, or specifications.
- Install and maintain all traps and valves pertaining to all commodities.
- May need to maintain and repair sewer and drain lines.
- Know the various sizes and uses of the different kinds of pipe and tubing, piped tubing fittings, joints and equipment for channeling services throughout the facility and know how these are fitted and connected.
- Uses system knowledge to maintain and operate production piping systems and equipment to include but not limited to pressure regulators, system control valves, pneumatic systems, temperature control units, and hydraulic systems.
- Maintains daily timecard and log, or uses computerized work order system for repair and maintenance activities performed on a daily basis.
Clean up equipment and work area.
High School diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience as an Industrial Manufacturing Pipefitter or appropriate journeyman's card
- Have basic knowledge and understanding of machine technology, construction, operation of heavy industrial machinery and power/control devices.
- Capable of measuring and making sketches for parts or piping, layout center lines, butting, drilling, tapping and aligning holes.
- Understand and apply knowledge relating to the principles of pumps and bearings, valves of all types, pneumatic and hydraulic controls for both high and low pressure systems.
- Understanding and proficient in safe work practices including LOTO, Fall Protection, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Ability to stand/walk on concrete floors.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures (hot and cold).
- Ability to do physically demanding work in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work at heights of 10 feet or greater.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work on both a team and individual projects.
- Ability to follow established safety policies.
- Successful completion of a background and drug screen.
- Successful completion of the pre-employment assessment.
- Ability to perform job specific physical work capability exercises if applicable at the facility.
- Satisfactory completion of the probationary period.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
EEO is The Law