The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company Repairman in Akron, Ohio
- Responsible for supporting the tire manufacturing process by trouble shooting, preventative maintenance, and repair of all rubber manufacturing, processing machinery and equipment.
- Partner with other crafts, as needed to complete preventative maintenance and/or repairs.
- Operate any type of power equipment made of lifting devices to move machinery, etc.
- Promotes safety and housekeeping throughout the facility.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Must be experienced with maintenance repair and installation work, preferable of rubber manufacturing and processing machines or equipment and other miscellaneous machinery.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able to read detailed assembly drawings, blueprints, sketches, specifications and part lists.
- Layout and apply approved mechanical principles for installation and maintenance of machinery and equipment.
- Must be able to identify mechanical malfunctions, make repairs/adjustments and test/inspect equipment for safe operation.
- Must be able to take measurements and make sketches of parts and work from drawings, sketched or instructions.
- Must know how to use precision measuring instruments and all repairman hand tools.
- Must know the various metals and their characteristics, strength of materials and understand the mechanical movements and principles.
- Experience in handling and moving prices of machinery, equipment, etc., such as floors, beams, chains, ropes, cables, etc.
- Must know how to make suitable hitches or hoop-ups for the job.
- Must be able to judge approximate weight of items to be moved.
- Must know how to use various hoisting, lifting and moving devices, and the transportation shifting and positioning methods.
- Must be able to work in any location, position, enclosures at various heights.
- Maintains daily timecard and log, or uses computerized work order system for repair and maintenance activities performed on a daily basis.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Understanding and proficient in safe work practices including LOTO, Fall Protection, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Ability to stand/walk on concrete floors.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures (hot and cold).
- Ability to do physically demanding work in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work at heights of 10 feet or greater.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work on both a team and individual projects.
- Ability to follow established safety policies.
- Successful completion of a background and drug screen.
- Successful completion of the pre-employment assessment.
- Ability to perform job specific physical work capability exercises if applicable at the facility.
- Satisfactory completion of the probationary period.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
EEO is The Law