The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company Electrician in Akron, Ohio
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for supporting the tire manufacturing process by trouble shooting, preventative maintenance, and repair of all rubber manufacturing, processing machinery and equipment.
- Assemble, install, troubleshoot and maintain all manners of electrical components, systems and fixtures using computer systems to perform diagnostics on electronic components and PLC systems, including ladder logic.
- Layout, assemble, install and test electrical fixtures, control equipment and wiring.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of the system.
- Maintain and repair wiring, motors, switchboards, switches, blown fuses, and electrical mechanisms at industrial level 110v -- 4160v.
- Inspect, maintain and repair various types of indoor and outdoor lighting fixtures at 110v -- 470v.
- Inspect, clean and lubricate motors at 110v -- 4160v, up to 2500 hp (horse power).
- Troubleshoot Industrial control systems, ie: hydraulics, temperature controls systems with steam or electrical heat source and chilled water as cooling source.
- Perform minor welding such as fabrication and installing brackets, panel mounts, etc.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Fit and connect conduit using various tools necessary to layout, cut, thread and bend as well ads, cutting holes.
- Work with and around live circuits and making hot taps when required.
- Maintain power, lights and alarms wiring systems (Facilities Maintenance).
- ADD Requirement- Ability to wire/connect a variety of motors both AC and DC.
- Performs business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
- Maintains daily timecard and log, or uses computerized work order system for repair and maintenance activities performed on a daily basis.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Industrial Manufacturing Experience required.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience as an Industrial Manufacturing electrician.
- Industrial Electrician Journeyman or AAS in Electrical Technology.
- Have basic working knowledge and understanding of machine technology, construction, operation of heavy industrial machinery and power/control devices.
- Working knowledge level of 600v; basic knowledge level above 600v.
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair and adjust electrical and electronic units.
- Understand of a variety of PLC and AC/DC drive controls, platforms -- including but not limited to:
- Understanding the uses of all standard electrical test equipment up to 4160V.
- Understanding of AC/DC currents, circuits, conductors, variable speed, AC/DC drive motors, drives and terminology.
- Knowledge of the differences between the various sizes and uses of different kinds of conduit, fittings, joints and equipment for channeling services throughout the plant.
- Ability to understand, operate and trouble shoot instrumentation including temperature and pressure controls; utilizing steam or electrical for heat source with process water or chilled water as the cooling source.
- Ability to read, interpret and work from electrical schematics, blueprints, sketches, layouts, circuit diagrams, or specifications.
- Basic knowledge of Programmable Controllers including IP networking.
- Understanding and proficient in safe work practices including LOTO, Fall Protection, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Ability to stand/walk on concrete floors.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures (hot and cold).
- Ability to do physically demanding work in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work at heights of 10 feet or greater.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work on both a team and individual projects.
- Ability to follow established safety policies.
- Successful completion of a background and drug screen.
- Successful completion of the pre-employment assessment.
- Ability to perform job specific physical work capability exercises if applicable at the facility.
- Satisfactory completion of the probationary period.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
EEO is The Law